7 Things You Should Know Before Getting A Breast Reduction Surgeryadmin
Women with overly large breasts often feel self-conscious, insecure and unhappy with the size and appearance of their breasts. A breast reduction surgery helps get rid of excess breast tissue and gland thus reducing the size of breasts. Medically known as reduction mammoplasty, this surgery greatly benefits women who lead an uncomfortable life due to the heavy size and weight of their breasts.
While breast reduction surgery can improve the quality of a woman’s life, the patient should understand what the procedure can offer, recovery time, and the potential risks and limitations before getting the surgery. Keep reading the blog to learn all you need to know about the surgery beforehand including the breast reduction surgery cost in Delhi.
Understanding Breast Reduction Surgery Beyond The Aesthetic Advantage
A breast reduction surgery can provide you with symmetrical breasts that are more pleasing to the eyes and pump up your confidence levels. What people often fail to understand is that women with heavy breasts find it difficult to navigate day-to-day life because of the additional burden they have to carry 24/7. Many women fail to make the connection between their neck pain and back pain or awkwardly titled body posture to their overly large breasts.
Breast reduction surgery is often performed for medical reasons to improve the quality of life aside from making a women’s breasts aesthetically pleasing.
How Can You Benefit From The Surgery?
While the reduction in breast size is a direct benefit of getting breast reduction surgery, there are innumerable associated benefits like
- Boosted Self-esteem
- Improved Body Posture
- Alleviate the Physical Discomfort of Carrying Large Breasts
- Enhanced Upper Body Contour
- Finding Attractive Clothes That Fit Becomes Easier
- Increased Ease While WorkingOut
- Goodbye to Skin Irritation From Tightly Fitted Bras
Depending upon your expectation, a board-certified plastic surgeon will provide a custom breast size reduction plan to achieve your goals.
How To Choose The Right Surgeon for Breast Reduction?
Choosing the right surgeon is crucial in getting safe and effective breast reduction surgery. Each patient’s medical history, expectations and challenges are unique and only a surgeon with appropriate experience can deliver guaranteed results for all patients.
Here are a few pointers to keep in mind while choosing the surgeon
- Look for a board-certified surgeon recognised by the Indian Association of Aesthetic Plastic Surgeons (IAAPS)
- Consult with a surgeon with authentic before and after transformations photos of their previous patients.
- Read online reviews and testimonials to verify their credibility.
- Consider the surgeon’s communication skills and choose someone willing to listen to your concerns and goals, and who can communicate effectively with you throughout the process.
- Ensure the surgeon has a good clinic infrastructure and access to advanced medical equipment and that the staff is experienced and well-trained.
Impact of Surgery on Breastfeeding Capability
Young women with overly large breasts often delay getting breast reduction surgery because of concerns regarding the surgery’s impact on future breastfeeding capability.
While the surgery does involve the removal of a certain amount of breast tissues and glands, it does not completely remove them. Enough breast tissue and glands are preserved and the nipple-areola complex is also undisturbed to ensure the patient does not face any lactation challenges in future.
There are several myths and false news circulated regarding the same, but the right approach is to discuss your concerns with a board-certified plastic surgeon who can give you a customised surgery plan.
What Are The Potential Risks of Breast Reduction Surgery?
As with any surgery, there are certain risks and side effects associated with breast reduction. They include infection near the incision area, seroma or fluid collection, visible scarring, excessive bleeding, formation of internal blood clots and loss of nipple sensation.
But these side effects can be avoided when you consult a board-certified surgeon who has hands-on experience. Even if there’s an unexpected active risk, a qualified surgeon will follow the proper protocol to minimise its effect. If you are choosing a female plastic surgeon in Gurgaon, ensure they have the credible experience to perform a successful and comfortable breast reduction surgery.
What To Expect During the Recovery Period?
A breast reduction surgery can take anywhere between 2 to 4 hours depending on the complexity of the procedure and patient expectations. Here’s what to expect during the recovery period.
- You will feel the initial grogginess while waking up as the surgery is performed under general anaesthesia.
- You will be under observation for 24 hours after which you will be discharged.
- You should wear a compression garment for up to six weeks after surgery or until the surgeon recommends.
- Any minor to medium swelling and irritation will start subsiding after the first 48 hours.
- You can get back to your desk job 3 days after the surgery.
- You can resume light activities like driving within a week after the surgery.
- Avoid any strenuous work for 6 to 8 weeks post-surgery.
- Allow your breast at least 3-4 months to settle in before you can appreciate the surgical outcome fully.
Each individual is unique and recovers on a different timeline. Be patient and follow your surgeon’s post-op recovery instructions to ensure a smooth recovery.
What’s The Breast Reduction Surgery Cost In Delhi?
Each breast reduction surgery requires a customized surgery plan based on the patient’s expectations. Hence the cost of breast reduction surgery is influenced by various factors like the surgeon’s experience, clinic infrastructure, geographic location of the surgeon’s practice, patient’s expectations, the complexity of the surgery plan, amount of breast tissue and fat to be removed.
A breast reduction surgery cost in Delhi varies between 1.5 to 3 lakhs to achieve the desired aesthetic results without any potentially harmful side effects. Make an informed decision while choosing a female plastic surgeon in Gurgaon. Communicate your insecurities and concerns with your surgeon and clarify your doubts before the procedure. When a breast reduction surgery can help you feel light and brisk while navigating daily life, why carry the uncomfortable burden of huge breasts?