What precisely is Gynecomastia?
Male breast development can be incredibly awkward, despite being a common condition men face globally. Due to the taboo surrounding the issues in men’s bodies, the fact that male breasts can deprive men of simple pleasures like visiting a beach/pool and wearing tight-fitting T-shirts is not widely discussed.
Gynecomastia is the medical term for this condition. Gynecomastia surgery, also known as male breast reduction, is a cosmetic procedure that removes the extra fat and breast gland to give you a desirable toned chest. It is a safe procedure that leaves little scarring on the body.
Gynecomastia Surgery - Before After Transformations
Dr Priya Bansal follows an inquisitive approach in her consultation sessions to understand the results visualised by her patients and their expectations of the surgery. This enables her to create a customised surgery plan that gives unbelievable before and after transformations for gynecomastia surgery.
Who Is Eligible for Gynecomastia Surgery?
If you are a man who is troubled by breast development and feels self-conscious in social situations, you should consider gynecomastia surgery or male breast reduction surgery. Here’s what it can do for you –
- Removal of excess breast tissue and breast gland
- Boost your self-esteem and confidence
- Make your body look more athletic and attractive by contouring it
- Provide you with a flat, toned chest with no visible scarring
Note: It is important to know that this procedure will not give you a new body or prevent future fat accumulation in the chest area. It will also not give you perfectly toned pectoral muscle.
Gynecomastia – The Procedure
After you consult a gold medalist, board-certified surgeon, they will understand your needs and assess your medical history to develop a comprehensive plan of action.
Note: They are authorised practitioners of this procedure and offer the best techniques and infrastructure, which helps avoid surgical complications.
- The use of local or general anaesthesia during the procedure may vary from case to case.
- The actual procedure action plan is decided depending on the grade and type of Gynecomastia.
- The cannula, a hollow tube-like device, is inserted through a chest wall incision, and the excess fat and breast gland are removed by Power-Assisted Liposuction (PAL) using MicroAire equipment.
- VASER is also used for Ultrasound-Assisted Liposuction and to tighten the skin.
Dr Priya Bansal employs a novel approach in which the incision is made on the lateral chest wall, enabling the scar to be hidden. Once the fatty tissue has been removed, skin excision may or may not be required. In some cases, RF contouring may be used to tighten the skin following liposuction. Dr Bansal utilises
BodyTite for the procedure, an advanced RF technology.
Schedule a Consultation
Male breast reduction is an outpatient procedure, and full recovery can take up to 4-6 weeks.
- You may experience temporary bruising and soreness for the first couple of days
- Daily routine can be resumed the next day
- You can return to your desk jobs three days after surgery
- Avoid sudden movements for at least 2 weeks
- Resume heavy workouts 6 to 8 weeks after the surgery, with the surgeon’s permission
- Wear a compression garment for at least 4 weeks to maintain the surgical contouring
Note: Please take all precautions recommended by the surgeon to ensure a comprehensive, safe, and fast recovery.
Yes! Gynecomastia is the right surgery to eliminate man boobs. It is a cosmetic operation that removes extra fat and the breast gland to solve this problem. It’s a painless operation that leaves little scars on the body.
No! Since chest fat is not the source of male breasts, and it is caused because of glands, neither chest workouts nor fasting will help.
The process is kept as a daycare operation due to cutting-edge technologies. The entire treatment may be completed in a single day, and the patient will return home the same day.
About Dr Priya Bansal
Dr Priya Bansal is a well-known board-certified plastic surgeon who believes in providing aesthetic results to help you feel good about your body.
Call up now and learn more about gynecomastia surgery and its benefits from Dr Priya Bansal, a gold medalist plastic surgeon in India who’s on a mission to break the taboos around plastic surgeries.