What is Facial Fat Grafting?
As we age, our body’s collagen begins to break down, thus, forming wrinkles and fine lines. It gives a hollowed and skeletal look that leads to loss of self-esteem and might cause stress.
Facial fat grafting, also known as facial fat transfer, is a day care surgical process. It is a type of cosmetic surgery that involves extracting fat from other parts of the body and injecting it to the part where it is needed for a more plump, lifted, and rejuvenated look.
Who can Opt for Facial Fat Grafting?
Before undergoing facial fat grafting, you must ask the following question:
- Do you have under-eye bags or dark circles?
- Do you have wrinkles, fine lines on your forehead, and other parts of the face?
- Do you have crow’s feet?
- Do you have hollowed and skeletal cheeks?
If you have any of the above issues, facial fat grafting is just for you. It will give you the following benefits:
- Tone your skin, making it supple and smooth
- Give a youthful appearance
- Reuse excess fats from other parts of the body
- Adding volume to the hollowed parts
It is crucial to understand that facial fat grafting will not change the facial structure or the face’s natural contour.
Facial Fat Grafting – The Procedure
You must look for the best plastic surgeon in India, if you want to go for a facial fat transfer.
This minimises the risk, and helps you understand the process better. You will be given local anaesthesia and is a 4-step process that involves:
- Identifying the donor site
- Harvesting the fat from the donor site (usually thighs or abdomen) through liposuction
- Purification and sedimentation of the fat to remove extra oil and blood components to get a quality fat for the transfer process
- Injecting the fat obtained to the recipient site.
The end result is a full, proportionate and youthful face that you desire.
Schedule a Consultation
Facial Fat Grafting – Recovery
Grafting fat from one’s own body is a safe process since one’s own fat is used, leaving no room for complications.
Minor recovery-period effects subside in a few days. A few points need to taken care of that include:
- Donor and recipient sites may experience bruising and swelling for a few days after the procedure.
- Patients must refrain from strenuous activities for at least 3 to 4 weeks post-surgery
- Regular day activities can be resumed 2-3 days after the surgery.
- After swelling and bruising have subsided, the results will be obvious.
The complete results are usually visible after 6 to 9 months of grafting. Follow the guidelines provided by the surgeon to avoid complications and smooth recovery.
You must approach the best plastic surgeon in Delhi for facial fat grafting.
With over a decade of experience in successful plastic surgeries, Dr Priya Bansal is equipped to render the results you desire. She is a gold medalist female plastic surgeon offering cosmetic solutions that are risk-free and pose no challenges to your physical health. As a well-known plastic surgeon in India the surgeon has earned the trust of her patients through highly ethical medical practices.
Since fat is taken from one portion of the body and inserted into another, the technique is three-fold. It is a daycare technique that is conducted under local anaesthesia.
A board-certified surgeon should perform the treatment to reduce risks and problems while providing world-class technology and surgical methods.
Although this is an outpatient treatment, you may feel some discomfort, including swelling or bruising at the donor or recipient site, as well as pain. However, the swelling will go down in a few days, and you can manage any pain with pain relievers provided to you at the time of discharge.