A woman plays many roles and carries the weight of heavy expectations throughout life. She shouldn’t have to carry the added burden of heavy breasts that create a lot of hindrances in daily life.
With the recent medical advancements, it is very easy to get a breast reduction that reduces your breasts so they are proportionate to your body and complement your form.
Before & After Result
What Is Breast Reduction?
Breast reduction, also known as reduction mammoplasty, is a breast surgery procedure that reduces the size and volume of the breast. The goal of the surgery is not just to get more aesthetic breasts but also to address the difficulty of navigating day-to-day life with large breasts.
Your heavy breasts can affect your body structure and lead to several neck and back pain problems besides making you feel self-conscious. Larger breasts also have a drooping and sagging tendency, which can be very uncomfortable and further tamper your confidence levels.
These aesthetic and health issues can be corrected by performing a breast reduction procedure using the right set of techniques.
How can Breast Reduction Surgery Help Me?
If you can relate to any of the questions below, breast reduction surgery is just for you.
- Is one of your breasts considerably larger than the other one?
- Do your breasts look larger than they should be?
- Do you suffer from back and neck pain due to heavy breasts?
- Do your breasts feel heavy and have stretch marks on them?
- Do you feel underconfident while posing for a camera because your breast looks too prominent for your body silhouette?
- Do your breasts look droopy and saggy?
- Do you have a post-pregnancy heavy breast?
With the advancements in technology, cosmetic surgeries can do wonders to your body by giving you the desired results to make you feel good about yourself.
Here are a few ways in which a breast reduction surgery can benefit you
- It reduces the breast volume that increases your overall weight
- It addresses the problem of persistent neck and back pain due to heavy breasts
- It corrects the asymmetrical breast size
- It makes your breast-body equation more proportionate
- Eliminates the constant feeling of self-consciousness
Along with that, you need to know what it cannot do:
- Does not magically give you a pair of new breasts
- Does not give a new body structure
It is also important to plan, discuss, and know everything about the breast reduction procedure and the risk involved before surgery.
What is the Procedure of Breast Reduction Surgery?
Breast reduction surgery is divided into four phases, and it is equally important to follow all the necessary steps for safe and successful surgery.
1. Decision Making Process
Unlike other types of cosmetic surgery, breast reduction has a more functional goal in mind. It ensures your breast size doesn’t interfere with your normal routine, causing any physical and psychological distress.
As a result, the decision-making process is particularly important, as personal choice is not the only determining factor here. You should analyse the advantages of such a procedure and be vocal about your apprehensions with your surgeon so that they can provide the optimal surgery plan.
Determining the Right Surgeon and the Facility
Looking for the best plastic surgeon in India can be tough. The decision to get breast reduction surgery is a massive life decision, and one should thoroughly explore economic considerations before going ahead with it. There must be no shortcuts or compromises when picking a facility with world-class infrastructure and a board-certified surgeon. When you are in great hands, you do not have to worry about risks that may arise due to inaccurate techniques, unsafe equipment or the unfortunate scenario when the surgeon does not know what they are doing.
Look for patient reviews about the surgeon and the hospital, and learn everything about them. Remember to trust your instincts when meeting with the surgeon. Before you move ahead, you must be willing to trust and believe your surgeon to deliver your desired results.
Preparing for the Breast Reduction Surgery
This part has two aspects: How you and your surgeon prepare for the surgery.
How does your surgeon prepare for the procedure?
A board-certified plastic surgeon thoroughly plans every step of the procedure. Strategic decisions have to be made regarding prescription medication and recommended lifestyle changes before the surgery. The precise dosage of anaesthesia for the surgery, type and placement of the incision, amount of breast tissue to be extracted, positioning of the nipple and areola, usage of sutures or adhesive tape and counselling sessions post-surgery are a few other factors to be considered.
While skilled surgeons may need to make certain spot decisions during the procedure, they strive to plan other things in advance. This requires that they have comprehensive data from you during the planning and preparation stage. Your exercise regimen, daily lifestyle, health history and current medications are some details your surgeon may seek from you. In addition, they also try to understand the functional problems you face due to your heavy breast and the visualised expectation from the surgery.
Note: Do ensure that you provide an accurate picture of factual information; doing so will guarantee a safe experience. Do not hold back any information, including consuming liquor, smoking, or psychoactive substances.
How should you begin preparing for the surgery?
The surgeon will establish a comprehensive roadmap based on your inputs, including guidelines that you need to follow.
- You may need to have some blood tests, and your medicines and dosing frequency may need to be revised.
- You must stop smoking, and taking certain conflicting medical drugs and other non-prescription drugs.
Finally, arrange for a driver to take you home after the procedure – do not drive yourself.
Breast Reduction: The Procedure
The breast reduction procedure is performed under general anaesthesia. The most recent techniques, referred to as superomedial pedicles, provide the double advantage of breast reduction and breast contouring, likely to result in a more proportionate and vibrant look.
The major steps are as follows:
- Injection of general anaesthesia
- Marking the region along with the areola, out of which extra tissue must be separate
- Making an incision corresponding to the marking
- Removal of excess breast skin and fat
- Repositioning nipple and areola
- Bring the incisions together to re-contour the smaller breast
- Placing a semi-compressive dressing and drain on the breasts, if needed
Schedule a Consultation
Breast Reduction: Recovery
Each individual is unique, as is their body’s bounce-back time, especially after major surgery. However, recovery time can take months, with the following steps as a rule of thumb.
- Inflammation, swelling, and irritation may occur for up to 48 hours post-surgery.
- 3 days after surgery, you can continue your routine life (excluding any heavy activities).
- After a week, you can resume driving.
- Physiologically, most patients return to normal life about a month after surgery. But even so, you must resume strenuous activity, including workout sessions, only 6 to 8 weeks after the procedure, but only after your surgeon gives you the all-clear.
- It will take a few months for the breasts to settle into their final position for you to notice the surgical outcome fully.
It is critical to understand that a gentle recovery relies on you following the surgeon’s guidelines. This involves wearing a compression garment for six weeks after the surgery and wearing the proper bra at all times. Avoid strenuous exercise till suggested by the surgeon. When you cooperate, the surgery goes as planned, and your surgeon prevents any unforeseen challenges.
There is no singular solution to this question, as with most plastic surgeries. The cost of breast reduction is determined by the size of breasts , associated procedures, presence of axillary breasts, surgeon’s expertise, the care provided by the centre, and the technique used by the surgeon.
No, it is not. Use of anaesthesia ensures that you feel no pain during the procedure. Instead, all you get are high-quality, excellent results.
Yes! The issue with lowering your standards is that you may wind up with poor outcomes. You should not be willing to take this risk. Especially considering the cost of fixing a bad cosmetic operation is more than having the procedure done in the first place.
Your surgeon should provide you with a custom-fit compression garment for your size. This helps maintain the new form of your breasts and guarantees that you obtain the finest results possible. While your body heals and rebounds, the garment must be worn 24 hours a day, seven days a week for at least four weeks.
Meet Dr Priya Bansal
There are many plastic surgeons in India, but Dr Priya Bansal has a reputation built on the surgeon-patient trust factor. She is a gold medalist female plastic surgeon who pays close attention to her patients’ requirements and creates a customised plan based on their envisioned results. Backed by her years of experience and nuanced skill set, she is highly respected by her patients.
Call now to book a session and go on a journey to discover beautiful you with Dr Priya Bansal!