Just because a body part is hidden beneath clothing or is internal does not lessen its significance or your desire for it to look or be shaped a certain way – both for aesthetic and functional reasons. Sometimes a sexy makeover is just what your vagina needs, and there are cosmetic vagina tightening surgeries or female
Vaginal Tightening Surgery/Vaginoplasty: What Is It?
Female genital rejuvenation refers to a group of cosmetic surgery procedures conducted on the vulva or labia, the vaginal outer or inner lips, or the vaginal wall itself.
Vulvaplasty refers to a group of procedures that reshape the vulva, labia, or the vaginal outer and inner lips. This may include reducing the labia minora, enhancing the labia majora, and remodelling the clitoral hood – either individually or in combination.
Vaginoplasty is a vaginal tightening surgery that tightens the vaginal wall, which can become loose with age or childbirth.
Female Genital Rejuvenation - Before & After
Sometimes we have a problem that we hesitate to talk about, but how can we make the right solutions available for people who need them unless we break the taboos around such topics? Insecurities associated with a vagina are a common feeling most women carry. Dr Priya Bansal is on a mission to ensure that the right information about vagina tightening procedures reaches them. Take a look at the before after results of genital rejuvenation to understand how the procedure can benefit you.
Who is eligible for Vaginal Tightening?
Female genital rejuvenation can help women who are suffering from any of the following conditions:
- Women who are unhappy with the appearance of their genitalia
- Women whose genital structure has changed as a result of age
- Women who are experiencing vaginal wall loosening due to age or childbirth
- Women who experience excruciating pain during exercise or sexual intercourse as a result of a changed vaginal structure following childbirth
- Women experiencing less sexual pleasure
- Women who have suffered genital deformity as a result of vaginal birth
Vaginal tightening surgery, also known as Vaginoplasty, can help with the following issues:
- Improve the appearance of the genital area
- Restore sensation to enhance sexual pleasure
- Stiffen the vaginal wall
- Make it more convenient to exercise or have sex
Vaginal Tightening Surgery: Debunking Some Myths
Myth 1: Female Genital Rejuvenation or Vaginoplasty can Restore Pre-Childbirth Appearance.
The procedure can significantly alter the aesthetic of the female genitalia. On the other hand, childbirth brings about many changes, especially vaginal birth, and this procedure will not be able to restore these changes entirely.
Myth No. 2: Female Genital Rejuvenation or Vaginoplasty Can Significantly Enhance the Appearance of the Female Genitalia.
Unlike most body parts, the female genitalia has a unique appearance and structure, and a vaginoplasty can’t change it completely.
Myth 3 – Genitalia can be tightened without any invasion.
The surgeon may need to use a surgical or non-surgical procedure depending on the extent of the vaginal disfiguration. This will determine the scope of the invasion.
Myth 4: Female Genital Rejuvenation (Vaginoplasty) Can Prevent Future Childbirth
This is not a method of birth control. If you want to avoid having children in the future, you must use birth control methods.
Vaginal Tightening Surgery: The Procedure
The female genital rejuvenation procedure can be divided into decision-making, planning, the actual procedure, and recovery.
The Phase of Decision-Making
Each decision entails the following steps –
- Recognise your issue
- Evaluate the possible solutions
- Understand the benefits and drawbacks
- Lastly, make a decision
The same can be said about female genital rejuvenation.
Understanding your issues and choosing female genital rejuvenation
If you are experiencing problems with your genitalia, whether cosmetic or functional, knowing the procedure’s benefits is essential. For example, female genital rejuvenation can be used to address issues such as decreased sexual pleasure, loose vaginal walls, or vulva or labia appearance.
It is very important to understand what the procedure cannot do for you. Once you have collected all of the information required, you can make the decision to proceed with the procedure. The next critical step is to determine where and by whom is the surgery performed.
Finalising on the Surgeon and the Centre
Always choose a gold medalist surgeon and a centre with decent infrastructure, cutting-edge technology, and world-class equipment.
Here are the perks of choosing a board-certified plastic surgeon.
- A gold medalist surgeon has licensed authority to perform this procedure and the most up-to-date training. They are experts who know what they’re doing.
- They will be able to fully understand your requirements and guide you efficaciously, along with customising a treatment plan just for you.
- Choosing a board-certified plastic surgeon in India is crucial, as it minimises potential medical complications and risks such as bleeding, hematoma, and anaesthesia risks.
- They do not rush the process since they understand the magnitude of each step and take the time to walk you through all of the detailed information while addressing your worries and clearing up any misconceptions.
While financial concerns are important, the surgeon and facility’s standard of treatment and quality is rather more important. Do not skimp on this – make an informed decision without compromising your safety to achieve the safest and most effective results.
Vaginal Tightening Surgery: Planning and Preparation
Once the decision is made, we will start planning and preparing for the surgery.
Making Preparations for Vaginal Tightening Surgery
A surgeon plans every step of the process during this stage, from assessments to medications to consultations to surgery and, finally, post-operative care. The planning procedure includes the following steps.
- The doctor may ask you to get blood tests done to determine the body’s readiness for the procedure.
- A detailed discussion of your expectations to create a customised action to meet the same.
- Understanding your medical history, current medications, and any allergies. This assists the surgeon in recommending the proper medicines and making adjustments in the dose of any existing medication.
- Getting to know your lifestyle choices and how they affect the surgery. This may also assist in determining the timeframes. For example, if you smoke or use psychoactive substances, your surgery may be postponed for two weeks to a month because your body needs that much time to get ready to heal better after the surgery.
- Working out the surgery’s specifics. This entails selecting the appropriate procedure – Vulvaplasty, Clitoral Hood Reduction, Labia Majoraplasty, Monsplasty, and Vaginoplasty. The exact procedure is planned out during this phase once the action plan has been finalised.
Getting Ready for Vaginal Tightening Surgery
- The patient must prepare for surgery once the treatment plan has been finalised.
- Take only the prescribed medication and, if required, adjust the intake.
- Stop smoking and using controlled substances.
- Non-prescription medications, including anti-inflammatory drugs, should be avoided because they are linked to an increased risk of complications during surgery.
- Make arrangements for a driver to take you home after the surgery; driving is not recommended.
Vaginal Tightening Surgery: The Actual Procedure
This will differ depending on the procedure you choose. Before the surgery, the surgeon examines the patient and maintains absolute discretion regarding your personal information.
Depending on what was decided during the planning phase, the procedure could be surgical or non-surgical. Female genital rejuvenation, on the other hand, is an outpatient procedure.
- Vulvaplasty: The removal of excess tissue to shorten the length of the labia minora
- Clitoral Hood Reduction: This procedure removes extra clitoral folds. Clitoral hood reduction is frequently regarded as a subset of vulvaplasty.
- Labia Majoraplasty: A procedure used to reduce or increase the size of the outer, hair-bearing labia majora.
- Monsplasty: A procedure used to reduce the bulging of the mons pubis.
- Vaginoplasty: The separated muscles during childbirth are brought together with this procedure and the vaginal walls are tightened by removing excess muscosa skin from the back of the vagina.
Radiofrequency technology is used for non-surgical vaginal wall tightening. This is a 30-minute procedure that does not require anaesthesia.
Schedule a Consultation
Vaginal Tightening Surgery: Recovery
The time for post-surgery recovery varies depending on the procedure chosen, but a few common protocols are mandatory regardless of the procedure involved.
- For comfort, use a sanitary napkin with a small amount of ointment and ice packs.
- Use of dissolvable sutures during the procedure.
- While using the washroom, use a peri-bottle or a water bottle to clean yourself.
- To help with inflammation, elevate your pelvis with a couple of pillows while sleeping. This is particularly important during the first two weeks following surgery, when you may experience discomfort from initial swelling that subsides with time.
- In most cases, 80% of the results are expected at 30 days, though it may take up to 6 weeks for the entire inflammation to subside.
Recovery time associated with the specific procedures
Patients can return to normal activities on the same day, but it is recommended that they abstain from sexual activity for six weeks.
Some swelling and bruising will develop and it is critical to keep the pelvis elevated to allow soreness to disperse.
Reduction of the Clitoral Hood
The recovery process is similar to labiaplasty and follows the same timelines.
Majoraplasty of the Labia
Use ice packs regularly to ensure the swelling starts reducing at about six weeks.
Swelling and bruising may develop which subsides in a couple of weeks.
There can be slight spotting or blood discharge for a couple of daysafter which it subsides. After few days of rest and six weeks of abstinence, the patient reports increased sexual satisfaction.
Note: Following all pre-and post-surgery protocols will ensure the best outcome and quick recovery while keeping the operation safe.
Also, it is important to keep your surgeon up to date on any post-operative improvements. Do not overlook the post-operative consultations.
Vaginal tightening surgery is a group of cosmetic surgical treatments performed on the vulva or labia, the vaginal outer or inner lips, or the vaginal wall itself.
Labiaplasty – It is done to reshape the outer and inner lips of the labia.
Vaginoplasty – It is done to tighten the vaginal wall, which may become loose with age or childbirth. This can be done both surgically and non surgically.
The time required for post-surgery recovery varies depending on the technique chosen, but you must follow some general procedures regardless of the surgery.
About Dr Priya Bansal
Dr Priya Bansal is a well-known plastic surgeon in India who is the best at what she does. Her keen eye for precision and utmost professionalism while handling sensitive procedures like genital rejuvenation has made her happy patients recommend her to their friends and family.
If you consider vaginoplasty, she’s your go-to female plastic surgeon to get the right information and direction. Book a consultation with her for a one-to-one session.