Desiring dreamy buttocks with a sexy projection doesn’t have to remain a dream anymore! Exercise and dieting can only do so much, but sometimes a little extra lift is needed, and Brazilian Butt Lift, popularly known as BBL, can give you that.
Before & After Result
What is Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery?
Buttock Augmentation surgery, also known as gluteal augmentation, is a butt lifting cosmetic procedure that enhances the size of the buttocks. Like Breast Augmentation, this also adds volume to the butt and keeps the body and buttock proportionate. There are two ways to achieve a lifted butt.
- Brazilian Butt Lift – The Fat Grafting Way
Excess fat is liposuctioned from other body parts and grafted inside the buttocks tissue for enhanced contour and curves. This procedure of buttock augmentation produces a more natural-looking result. It is also considered the more favourable procedure of buttock augmentation because it’s safer as the chances of your body rejecting its own fat is lesser, and it offers the dual benefit of waist contouring as a result of readjusting fat from an undesirable to the desired area.
- Butt Lift with Buttock Implants
Artificial implants filled with silicone are surgically implanted deep inside the buttock tissue during this process. Based on the desired buttock enhancement, the size of the implant is chosen and inserted through an incision in the gluteal cleft. This considerably increases the probability of infection, and hence butt implants are recommended if you don’t have enough fat for the fat grafting method.
A board-certified plastic surgeon may also skillfully combine both procedures to ensure the contours of the butt implant are not visible by adding a layer of fat grafting.
Are You Eligible for Brazilian Butt Lift Surgery?
If you are a physically healthy and active adult who wishes to enhance your body contour and tiny waist, you may want to consider a buttock augmentation procedure. Inadequate information, however, blended with unreasonable expectations, creates a bad combination. Here are a few myths about the surgery that misdirect a patient’s expectations.
Quashing BBL Myths
- Brazilian butt-lifting can modify my body’s natural curve.
As the name indicates, a buttock augmentation procedure enhances the existing framework of your buttocks. It improves body projection and creates a more enticing contour along the way, and this has no impact on the natural body contour.
- Brazilian butt lift can lift my buttocks to the desired height.
Buttock augmentation improves gluteal height and projection, but only to a point, and it does not cause your buttocks to sit unusually high on your body.
- BBL procedure can dramatically and unnaturally increase my buttock size.
With buttock implants, hoping for enormous growth in buttock size is impractical. However, fat grafting is a safer route to maximise the buttock projection than what’s possible with implants. Your surgeon will recommend butt implants if you don’t have excess fat in other body parts that is transferrable to your butt.
- Brazilian butt-lifting has the potential to transform my entire silhouette.
This is not possible for two main reasons. First and foremost, your lower half is a complex combination of your entire body framework, including your breasts, shoulders, waist, and hips. A single procedure can only treat one part of the body. Additionally, no procedure guarantees drastic changes; the point is to improve the aesthetics of the body part, in this case, the buttocks, and there are limitations to what can be achieved based on your body’s natural curves.
What Could the Technique Assist You in Achieving?
When standards are rational, the Brazilian butt lift procedure can help with the following results:
- Increases buttock roundness and size
- Helps attain a more hourglass or commensurate figure, while waist contouring is included in fat grafting
- Enhances uniformity if one buttock is bigger or smaller than another
- Increases butt projection to create a more intriguing curve and silhouette
- Gives a body figure with a better sense of balance
- Serve as a confidence booster as you embark on a new life with a better physique.
The buttock augmentation procedure is divided into four stages:
Making the Choice
- Buttock augmentation is regarded as one of the more complex cosmetic surgery procedures. The surgeon needs to go deeper into the body to perform the procedure than with other procedures. A deviation can result in serious complications for the patient, such as life-threatening embolisms.
- Consequently, it is essential to truly understand the process, such as how to mitigate any associated complications or risks. This is dependent on picking the right centre and surgeon.
Picking the Best Hospital and Surgeon
We take the advice of experts whenever we make major decisions, which is especially true when searching for a plastic surgeon in India. When it comes to a procedure like buttock augmentation, compromising on quality for financial reasons causes adverse complications.
A board-certified, gold-medalist surgeon knows the best and most recent procedures to follow, such as the Expansion Vibration Lipofilling or EVL for buttock augmentation. They also provide access to world-class infrastructure and use only authorised tools and facilities during the surgical procedure. When you choose a skilled surgeon and follow the recommended care regimen before and after the procedure, it helps mitigate any associated risks.
Prepping and Planning
- Once the decision to perform buttock augmentation has been made and everything has been finalised, it is time to plan for the surgery.
- The surgeon begins the planning process by prescribing blood assessments to ensure your body’s readiness for the procedure. They will also understand your lifestyle and medical history, allowing them to modify medication. Inform them of allergies and dosing frequency. Do not hold back crucial information about your lifestyle habits, such as smoking and drug use, as these may affect the procedure.
- Deciding the technique of augmentation – fat grafting, implants, or a combination of both – is also part of the planning stage. The action plan is customised to your particular needs and those of your body as a one-size-fits-all surgery plan will not suit each individual.
- During this phase, the surgeon meticulously plans all details, including incision positioning, fat grafting plan or size of the butt implant and suturing placement. Preparation ensures that the actual procedure is optimised to prevent unnecessary decision-making delays during the procedure.
Preparation for Surgery
You will need to follow the following guidelines in prepping for the surgery, as advised by the surgeon –
- Stop smoking at least one month before the surgery
- Stop using any recreational drug
- Don’t take any unprescribed medication or dosage, including anti-inflammatory medications. These are linked to an increased risk of bleeding during the procedure.
- Make arrangements for a driver to take you home after the surgery; it is not recommended that you drive yourself post-surgery.
On the day of the procedure, the following steps are involved –
- Injecting the general anaesthesia
- Marking the incision site
- Liposuction for fat removal, if a fat grafting procedure is chosen
- Depending on the plan of action, fat grafting or implant insertion may be performed
- Instead of a syringe, the power-assisted machine is used to reinsert fat when using the EVL technique
- Recontouring to give the buttocks the perfect shape
- Observation followed by discharge
In Brazilian Butt Lift, excess fat is removed from other body parts via liposuction, and this fat is then strategically injected into the buttocks. Depending upon individual requirement and tissue pliability, the amount of fat injected ranges from 450 to 1500 ml per side.
As a Brazilian butt lift is an outpatient procedure, you will be discharged the same day. Recovering from the buttock augmentation procedure is swift. The patient feels mostly normal after a month and recovers fully in a few months, provided the patient follows all post-surgery medical advice.
Schedule a Consultation
What Happens During Recovery?
- Swelling, bruising, or discomfort may occur for up to 48 hours after surgery, and this is only short term and will fade over time.
- It’s advisable to lie down in a flat prone position with your chest down and back up for a few weeks following the surgery.
- The initial recovery time could last up to three days. Then you are good to go back to your normal activities.
- A BBL pillow, when used for sitting, reduces the pressure on your buttocks during the recovery period.
- You can resume work within a week of receiving approval from the surgeon.
- For the next two weeks, avoid any sudden movements and lifting heavy objects.
- No strenuous exercise other than walks is permitted for up to a month.
- Wear the compression bandage for at least six weeks, probably longer, depending on the surgeon’s recommendation.
It is advisable to keep your surgeon updated on any advancements and take your follow-up consultation sincerely. Do not miss your visits, and only begin any activities after they have been accomplished.
Most of the bruising and inflammation will have faded after a month, and your buttock will have reached its final form in two to three months.
It is a surgical procedure to enhance the size and appearance of your buttocks. This helps to refine your body contour to a better proportion and fitter physique.
Brazilian butt lift is an outpatient procedure, meaning you are discharged the same day after your procedure. After the surgical procedure, you will be under observation for some time. You’ll be discharged the same day depending upon your recovery. Over the next 2-3 months, your results continue refining as your buttocks settle into their new contours.
While there is no single, standardised cost of the butt lift, there are several factors like your surgeon’s prior experience, techniques involved, testimonials and facilities available at the centre you can keep track of to determine the cost of your procedure.
The Brazilian buttocks surgery technique has a quick recovery time. The extra fat may take some time to settle. Allow time for the new tissue to integrate with your current fatty tissues. In a month, you could feel better.Like any other operation, swelling, bruising, or soreness may occur for up to 48 hours following surgery which is normal and will go away on its own.
It is safe when fat is injected in the subcutaneous plane with great precaution and care. There may be risks involved if the fat is injected inside the muscles and that is why it is important to choose the right surgeon.
About Dr Priya Bansal
Dr Priya Bansal is a skilled female plastic surgeon with 12+ years of experience. You can contact her to learn more about the procedure and to clear up any doubts or misunderstandings you may have about buttock augmentation. Her highest priority is your confidentiality and well-being.
Call up now to book a session with one of the best plastic surgeons in India!