Which All Surgeries Use Liposuction as an Integral Procedure
Did you know Liposuction surgery acts as the spinal cord to many body aesthetic procedures?
Yes, there are a number of procedures where it wouldn’t be possible to give the desired results without liposuction. Simply because when plastic surgeons lay down the aesthetics of a certain body part, eliminating the stubborn fat from that area is needed to contour the region.
In this blog, we are going to know the spinal cord characteristic of liposuction, which means, we are going to know the surgeries that use liposuction as the base procedure.
Liposuction as an Integral Procedure
Liposuction surgery is used as an integral procedure in many cosmetic surgeries because it can effectively remove unwanted fat from specific areas of the body. Removing this fat can help to improve the overall contours and shape of the body and can also help to create a more proportionate and aesthetically pleasing appearance.
Image Source: Dr Priya Basal
Liposuction can also be used to help sculpt and contour the body in a way that complements other surgical procedures. Liposuction may be a component of different surgical procedures depending on how much fat has to be removed and how you want to look after surgery.
1.Tummy Tuck: Tummy tucks (abdominoplasty) often use liposuction as an integral procedure. The liposuction procedure removes excess fat from the abdominal area before the skin is tightened and the belly button is repositioned. The liposuction procedure can create a slimmer and more toned appearance in the abdominal area, which can complement the overall results of the tummy tuck.
During a tummy tuck, the surgeon will make an incision in the lower abdomen, usually from hipbone to hipbone. Then the excess fat is removed using liposuction, and the surgeon tightens the underlying muscles and removes the excess skin. After that, the belly button is repositioned to match the new contour of the abdomen.
2. Breast Reduction: Liposuction can be used as an integral procedure in breast reduction surgery. It is used to remove excess fat from the upper lateral flanks, which can help to improve the overall shape of the breasts. This technique is particularly useful for patients with large, fatty breasts.
Image Source: Dr Priya Bansal
The procedure is performed under general anaesthesia and typically takes few hours. Recovery time can vary depending on the extent of the surgery, but most patients can return to normal activities within a few weeks.
3. Thigh Lift: A thigh lift removes excess skin and fat from the thigh area to contour and reshape the thighs. Liposuction can be used as an integral procedure in a thigh lift to remove excess fat and achieve desired results. Liposuction is often used in combination with the excision of skin to remove excess skin. During the thigh lift procedure, Dr Priya Bansal, a liposuction surgeon in Delhi, will make an incision on the inner thigh to remove the excess skin and fat, then use liposuction to sculpt and contour the remaining tissue.
4. Arm Lift: An arm lift, also known as Brachioplasty, removes excess skin and fat from the upper arm area to contour and reshape the arms. Liposuction can be used as a necessary procedure in an arm lift to remove excess fat and contour the upper arm area. Liposuction is often used in combination with the excision of skin to remove excess skin. The surgeon will make an incision on the inner or back of the arm to remove the excess skin and fat, then use a liposuction procedure to sculpt and contour the remaining tissue.
5. Male Breast Reduction Surgery (Gynecomastia Surgery): Male breast reduction surgery, also known as gynecomastia surgery, is a procedure used to reduce the size of enlarged male breasts. Liposuction can be used as an integral procedure in male breast reduction surgery to remove excess fat from the breast area. This can be particularly useful in cases where most breast tissue is fatty, as it can help reduce the breasts’ size while providing a more sculpted and contoured appearance.
6. Brazilian Butt Lift: A Brazilian Butt Lift (BBL) aims to enhance the shape and size of the buttocks. Liposuction surgery removes excess fat from other body parts, such as the abdomen, hips, back, or thighs. The fat removed through liposuction is then purified and re-injected into the buttocks to add volume and shape to the area.
Image Source: Dr Priya Bansal
In a Brazilian Butt Lift, liposuction is the first step. The liposuction surgeon in Delhi will use a cannula to remove unwanted fat from the other areas of your body; after that, the fat is processed, purified, and re-injected into the buttocks. The fat cells that survive the transfer will be incorporated into the existing tissue of the buttocks, creating a more shapely, youthful and larger appearance.
Liposuction is a versatile surgical technique that can be used as an integral procedure in various surgeries to remove excess fat and contour the body. Some of the most common liposuction procedures include breast reduction, tummy tuck, body contouring after weight loss, thigh lift, arm lift, male breast reduction, Brazilian Butt Lift and others.
The choice of the specific technique used depends on the individual case, and a consultation with a board-certified, experienced cosmetic surgeon is important to determine the best approach for your case.
Dr Priya Bansal, a board-certified plastic surgeon with over a decade of surgical practice, performs the surgery with cutting-edge technology.
Dr Priya Bansal
Board-certified plastic surgeon
Dr Priya Bansal is a gold medalist plastic and cosmetic surgeon with a Plastic Surgery degree from Maulana Azad Medical College and 12+ years of experience in plastic surgery. She specialises in high-def liposuction, mommy makeover, tummy tuck, Brazilian butt lift and breast procedures for body contouring and sculpting.