Looking fit and feeling empowered to make bold choices with your wardrobe shouldn’t be hard in a perfect world. Sometimes you have to do what it takes to make your world perfect for you, and liposuction can help you do just that.
What is Liposuction?
Liposuction is a cosmetic procedure that removes stubborn and excess fat (unwanted diet and exercise-resistant fat cells) from various body parts. It helps eliminate fat pockets from the buttocks, hips, love handles, thighs, calves, ankles, breasts (including male breasts), back, arms, and neck for a leaner body contour. It is widely regarded as a medical boon because it aids in attaining a fitter physique.
Liposuction – A Fat Removal Surgery
Liposuction refers to the umbrella of cosmetic surgery procedures which work on removing stubborn and excess fat (unwanted, diet and exercise resistant) from various parts of the body. Whether you are struggling with fat on buttocks, hips, love handles, thighs, calves, ankles, breasts (including male breasts), back, arms and neck – liposuction is the procedure which helps eliminate this fat for a leaner body contour. Largely considered a medical boon, it helps an individual attain a fitter physique.
Liposuction removes or reduces specific fat pockets from various parts of the body. Liposuction methods differ from traditional to cutting-edge technology to meet specific needs and accelerate the process for enhanced results. These are some examples:
Suction-Assisted Liposuction (SAL) – The most common liposuction method in which fat is extracted using a vacuum. This procedure aims to remove excess fat from specific body parts.
Power-assisted Liposuction (PAL) – A technique that uses devices like MicroAire to cause as little tissue damage as possible. Dr Priya Bansal combines MicroAire with a power-assisted cannula(tube-like probing device)to easily pass through the tough fat tissues. The emulsified fat is then suctioned with MicroAire and a suction apparatus that generates a negative pressure environment. It creates a gentle back and forth motion that reduces tissue trauma and greatly improves precision, making the surgeon’s job easier and making your recovery faster and smoother with less blood loss and pain.
Ultrasound-assisted Liposuction (UAL) – The procedure employs sound waves with devices like VASER to melt fatty deposits, allowing them to be removed through smaller incisions. It is one of the most advanced liposuction techniques available for painless, minimally invasive procedures. VASER also facilitates better skin shrinkage and tightening. However, it generates a lot of heat, and there’s no automated temperature control feature in the equipment. Therefore, only an experienced surgeon can use VASER for the right amount of time without causing skin burns.
Dr Priya Bansal combines PAL and UAL techniques to give the best results and a smooth and quick recovery phase.
Radio Frequency Enhanced Liposuction (RFAL)
After excess fat is removed through liposuction, your skin hangs loose, giving you an aged appearance. RF enhanced contouring enables reversing ageing signs for youthful smooth skin through controlled dermal heating for natural results. BodyTite, emits continuous waves of radiofrequency generated heat to regenerate collagen and tighten the skin.
LASER – As the name indicates, your fat cells are disrupted with LASER energy in this procedure.
Hi-Definition Liposuction – Used to remove small stubborn fat pockets, this procedure works by eliminating fat selectively while enhancing the natural muscle contour. If you exercise regularly but struggle to achieve a sculpted body contour, this procedure is for you.
Dr. Priya Bansal is a well-known plastic surgeon in India because of her expertise in the use of PURE contouring, which combines three different liposuction technologies –
- Power-assisted liposuction using MicroAire
- Ultrasound-assisted liposuction using Vaser
- Radio Frequency Enhanced Contouring using BodyTite
As a result of combining the three technologies for minimally invasive and painless procedures with minimal tissue trauma, Dr Priya Bansal delivers ground-breaking results. Combining these three techniques, she works with tiny incisions and removes even the most stubborn fat. VASER Liposuction breaks down the fatty deposits into smaller segments (without damaging the nerves or blood vessels), while MicroAire ensures minimal damage during further fat breakdown before it’s finally suctioned out.
After removing the excess fat, the job is finished by contouring the remaining skin to create a toned and chiselled appearance. This is accomplished by using an RF-based device for skin rejuvenation and smoothing. Two approaches can be taken in this case –
- Reversing the signs of ageing naturally through non-invasive dermal heating
- Tightening the skin using BodyTite to regenerate collagen by releasing RF energy
Liposuction procedures performed by Dr Priya Bansal result in minimal patient downtime and satisfactory and natural-looking outcomes. No doubt, she is considered the best cosmetic plastic surgeon in India.
Liposcution / Before & After
Dr Priya Bansal cherishes her before after liposuction case studies, for each picture is proof of someone’s deepest wish, a dream, come true. When choosing your surgeon, request to look at their before after results to make an informed choice. Here are Dr Priya Bansal’ before after results for liposuction.
Who is Eligible for Liposuction?
Do any of the following fat-related issues ring a bell to you?
- Excess tummy fat resulting in a bulge on your belly, severely limiting your wardrobe choices
- Stubborn belly fat/ mommy tummy that refuses to go away despite strict diet and exercise regimens.
- The appearance of male breasts makes you incredibly self-conscious, taking away little pleasures like beach visits and wearing fitted t-shirts.
- Fatty buttocks that make you feel self-conscious while making it difficult to find fitted lowers
- Chubby ankles, which have been a source of mockery
- Pronounced love handles or tyres on your waist or other parts of your body
- Undesirable fat pockets on your thighs
- The presence of excess fat causing flabby underarms
Name a body part, and there’s a good chance you’re dealing with unwanted fat that won’t go away even after healthy lifestyle choices. These are highly localised fat pockets with which you may be having difficulty.
Your days of struggling with excess fat are over. Liposuction is a procedure that can help you fight these fat pockets.
The Advantages of Liposuction
The following advantages are associated with choosing liposuction:
- Eliminating diet-resistant fat pockets that refuse to o away with exercise
- Creating a more proportionate structure and contour for your body
- Increased self-esteem and confidence – nothing can beat looking in the mirror and liking what you see as a confidence booster
What does liposuction not do?
While liposuction has many advantages, it’s important to form realistic goals regarding what you want from the procedure.
- Skin tightening is not achieved with liposuction. As the procedure aids in removing fat, it can produce excellent results if you have good skin elasticity. On the other hand, Liposuction may leave you with hanging skin if you have poor elasticity. In this case, you may need to combine liposuction with a skin tightening procedure for optimal outcomes.
- Liposuction does not alter your body structure; it removes or reduces excess fat while leaving your original body structure intact.
Liposuction – The Procedure
Understanding the procedure and deciding on surgery
The field of cosmetic surgery is expanding all the time. Cosmetic procedures have become very safe, with quick recovery and a great aid in meeting your aesthetic needs, thanks to significant advances in medical science and technology and their adaptation in the Indian industry.
Liposuction is a safe procedure that helps remove excess fat pockets from various body parts like belly fat. The decision-making process includes an assessment of the nature of your problem, understanding how liposuction will address that problem, the benefits associated with the procedure, a fair assessment of what it cannot do, and how your surgeon can minimise the risks involved in the surgery.
Selection of surgeon and the centre
This brings us to the second stage of the decision-making process: deciding on your surgeon and the surgery centre location. When considering liposuction, you must choose a board-certified surgeon. They provide access to the most advanced medical technology while minimising any potential surgical complications such as bleeding, anaesthesia risks, persistent pain, etc.
Quality is critical for liposuction and should not be compromised for cheap discounts. Know the surgeon’s expertise, the centre’s infrastructure and post-op care facilities while making an informed decision regarding the surgery’s cost.
Preparing for Surgery
The surgeon must first understand your needs and medical history to plan for the surgery and better understand if your body is ready for the same.
The patient must abstain from smoking and using psychoactive substances for at least two weeks before the process.
During this phase, the surgeon diligently plans every step of the procedure; thus, the patient plays an important role in guaranteeing that the surgeon has all the relevant information to formulate the action plan accurately.
The Actual Liposuction Procedure
Liposuction is an outpatient procedure that results in same-day discharge. It can be done under local or general anaesthesia and consists of the following steps:
- Administration of anaesthesia
- Making a carefully planned incision at the site of the fatty area. Dr Priya Bansal works with tiny incisions to ensure that the scars remain hidden while being small in size. In addition, she employs techniques that allow her to remove excess fat through these smaller incisions safely.
- Insertion of Cannula, a tube-like structure used to remove the liquified fat
- The excess fat is removed using the liposuction method finalised during the planning stage. The procedure takes about 25 minutes for each site, depending on the technique used. Only fat above the muscle can be suctioned out, not fat beneath the muscles.
- Suturing of the incision and wound dressing
Note: The procedure’s results are immediately visible.
Schedule a Consultation
Liposuction – Post-Operative Recovery
Liposuction recovery is quick, and the patient can go home the same day. The exact timeline will depend on the body part from which the fat is removed.
What is Considered Normal After Liposuction?
- For the first 72 hours, you may feel mild to moderate pain. To ease the pain, your surgeon prescribes pain relievers.
- After three days, mild soreness may be observed, which subsides in two to three weeks.
- Routine activities can be resumed the next day, while you can continue your desk jobs after two to three days.
- For three to four weeks, limit heavy movement and exercise. Return to work after consulting with the surgeon.
- It is suggested that you wear a compression garment for four to six weeks following the surgery – the exact time frame will vary depending on the procedure.
Following all the guidelines pre and post-surgery will guarantee the highest result and a swift recovery while minimising the chances of complications.
Note: Keep your surgeon up to date on any post-operative improvements. Do not overlook the post-operative counselling sessions.
The results of liposuction surgery are long-lasting and permanent if a healthy lifestyle is maintained properly.
Liposuction is a procedure that removes the stubborn fat that resides between your skin and the muscle beneath it. The results of liposuction surgery are long-lasting, only if a healthy lifestyle is maintained properly.
If a greater price translates to better service and outcomes, it’s well worth it, and it would provide more noticeable and long-lasting effects from a safe process than artificial outcomes.
Liposuction recovery is quick, and the patient can go home the same day. The exact timing may differ depending on the body part from which fat is removed.there can be some swelling and bruising which settles with time.
About Dr Priya Bansal
Dr Priya Bansal has perfected the art of liposuction through years of hard work and the consistent dedication to deliver beyond the best. Her more than decades worth of experience and patient reviews are a testament to her expertise as a trusted female plastic surgeon.
Book a session with Dr Priya Bansal to embark on your quest to eliminate your stubborn fat pockets!