A Case of Vaginoplasty – Problems Faced and Solutions Proposedadmin
This case study is about a woman whose vaginal laxity was developing gradually due to various causes, including the course of age, several childbirths, and weight increase. She was experiencing reduced friction during intercourse which decreased her sexual enjoyment.
Mrs Sangeeta Sharma visited Dr Priya Bansal for Vaginoplasty. She was experiencing vaginal stretching and loosened vagina due to childbirth. Due to this, she was going through severe discomfort and pain during exercise and sexual intercourse.
Keep reading to know her experience throughout the surgery in her own words.
I was nervous and hesitant about talking about my problem to anyone. However, it was bothering me. Hence, one day I decided to look out for a doctor to discuss my concerns.
Why did you choose Dr Priya Bansal for Vaginoplasty?
One of my close friends had some facial surgery from Dr Priya, and she had a positive experience; therefore, she suggested checking Dr Bansal’s social handles and website.
I had a big sigh of relief when I found out that the techniques and equipment used by Dr Bansal were the latest. Therefore I decided to book a consultation with her to discuss this further.
When I spoke with Dr Priya, she was very transparent and sympathetic. I also felt like she perfectly understood my needs and criteria as a female plastic surgeon.
I realised I’d made the right decision when I started discussing my queries. She made sure that the entire session was comfortable enough for me to talk about my problems without any hesitation. She answered everything with honesty – which was a major perk of consultation.
Detailed Information about Vaginal Rejuvenation
When I told Dr Bansal that I was looking for vaginal rejuvenation, she introduced me to different terms and explained the fact that female genital rejuvenation is an umbrella term under which a group of cosmetic surgeries are performed on the vulva or labia, outer and inner lips of the vagina or vaginal wall.
- Vaginoplasty: This procedure is performed to tighten the wall of the vagina that became loose after pregnancy.
- Vulvaplasty: This procedure enhances the shape of the vulva- the outer and inner vaginal lips.
- Labia Majorplasty: This procedure adjusts the size of the outer, hair-bearing labia majora.
- Monsplasty: This procedure reduces the expansion and bulging of the mons pubis.
- Clitoral Hood Reduction: This procedure removes the unwanted clitoral folds.
- Radiofrequency: She introduced me to a non-surgical procedure – Radiofrequency. This procedure doesn’t require anaesthesia, and she can perform the entire procedure within 30 minutes.
I assumed all of them will be performed for my vaginal rejuvenation. However, that’s not the case because procedures were selected and performed as per my expectation and needs.
My area of concern was:
- An unappealing look of my genital
- Change in genital structure due to age
- Loose vaginal wall due to childbirth
- Pain during exercises and workout
- Discomfort in sexual intercourse
- Less sexual pleasure
- Genital deformity due to vaginal birth
Preparation for my Surgery
Dr Priya Bansal made a customised plan for me to prepare beforehand for the surgery as per the assessment of my current and previous medical condition.
Following are the things I was asked to do before the surgery by Dr Bansal:
- Discussion about my expectations
- Blood test to find out if I’m ideal for the surgery
- My medical history, current medicines, and any allergic reactions so that she could give appropriate medications and alter the dose of any current medications
- Since I don’t do smoking, I had a plus point as it can affect the surgery severely
- Selection of correct procedure of genital rejuvenation to fulfil my actual demands
- Some medicines to relieve my anxiety before the surgery.
- Arrangement of a friend or a family member to drive me home
Perks I attained after my surgery:
- Enhanced and far better appearance of my genital region
- Better sexual pleasure during sexual intercourse
- Tightened vaginal wall
- Comfortable exercise and sexual experience
Recovery from my Vaginal Rejuvenation Surgery
All the procedures aforementioned have a different recovery period, as per the suggestion of Dr Bansal. However, I was asked to follow a few sets of rules to have a safe and better recovery.
- Use of sanitary tissue with ointments, creams and ice packs to minimise the discomfort post-surgery
- Use of clean water bottle or perineal wash while using the washroom
- Elevation of the pelvis with a soft pillow while sleeping to avoid swelling
- Avoid sexual intercourse for a period of six weeks.
It took me around two weeks to get over the minor swelling. I didn’t face any risks or complications because I followed the post-operative preventive measures suggested by Dr Bansal.
If you have a surgeon like Dr Priya Bansal, you need not worry about the results of the surgery since she holds years of expertise in vaginoplasty. She helped me in improving my desires and sexual indulgence. With the availability of advanced equipment, Dr Bansal did a mind-blowing job!
Dr Priya Bansal
Board-certified plastic surgeon
Dr Priya Bansal is a gold medalist plastic and cosmetic surgeon with a Plastic Surgery degree from Maulana Azad Medical College and 12+ years of experience in plastic surgery. She specialises in high-def liposuction, mommy makeover, tummy tuck, Brazilian butt lift and breast procedures for body contouring and sculpting.